Программа обучения Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
Программа обучения "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering" в Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
The Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering (NHRE) master's program is a strongly internationally oriented program that trains students to carry out demanding engineering activities under specific external influences, such as earthquakes. To do this, we provide modern tools with which hazards from natural events can be assessed, enable modeling and simulation and prepare you to carry out concrete risk analyses. The course offers key qualifications for being innovative and pioneering in engineering in the areas of the various natural hazards of earthquakes, floods or storms.
Общая Информация по Программе обучения "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering"
- Уровень: Магистратура
- Диплом: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Язык обучения: Английский
- Начало обучения: Зимний семестр
- Срок обучения: 4 семестров
- Форма обучения: Полная
- Учебные кредиты: 120 ECTS
- Семестровый взнос: € 195.27 / семестр
- Правила приема: На основе конкурса
- Минимальный уровень английского: С1
- Минимальный средний балл (нем): 2.5
Описание программы обучения "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering"
The occurrence of an increasing number of natural hazards all over the world and their various effects on individuals, societies and modern economies is one of the major challenges for future decades. The master course in "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering" faces this challenge by providing indispensable tools for taking into account those phenomena in the different design processes in civil engineering. Thereby, the master course aims at combining practical structural engineering with state-of-the-art concepts regarding computational mechanics, dynamics and probability theory/stochastic analysis. Consequently, the master course provides key qualifications for innovative work in the field of earthquake, flood and wind engineering and offers an international setting in which students will achieve both technical success and personal advancement.
Main areas covered by the master course in "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering" are earthquake engineering and structural design, Geo- and hydrotechnical engineering, Finite element methods and structural dynamics, non-linear analysis of structures under extreme loading, stochastics and risk assessment, as well as disaster management and mitigation strategies. The course program covers, thereby, both theoretical and application orientated topics.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) grants four to eight scholarships to admitted applicants of the Master course NHRE within the program "Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries". The scholarships start only in Winter semester. The enrolment for students of the DAAD scholarship "Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries" is only possible in Winter semester. Therefore the application has to be done until the 15th October the year before.
Учебный план программы обучения "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering"
1) The master’s degree programme in “Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering” is an intensive and application-based advanced course of study. The programme is highly supervised and research- oriented. It provides students a solid technical basis in the key areas of structural engineering through coherent and co-ordinated degree programme, integrating research and practical applications.
(2) The degree programme enables students’ excellence in oral and written skills. By providing students with advanced, scientifically-based, interdisciplinary knowledge, they are able to take on demanding engineering tasks in the areas of planning, construction and realization of structures under specific conditions. They are also able to carry out site- or structure-specific risk analysis using modern tools to estimate the threat of natural hazards.
(3) In addition to strengthening their theoretical and scientific competence, students are able to develop skills in modelling, simulation and application of performance-based design, field work and laboratory investigations.
(4) In order to structure and reflect the complexity of the chain reactions inherent to natural hazards, this programme explores in detail various engineering disciplines and engineering-related areas of the natural sciences, social sciences and economics. It examines the central role that structural engineering plays in reducing the impact of natural disasters. Furthermore, it focuses on the engineering methods that are used to assess and reduce the vulnerability of structures.
(5) The programme highlights the demands on engineering technology at both regional and global level by using international projects as models. The elective compulsory modules expand on specific lines of development; they equip and prepare students systematically for future professional careers or further research positions.
Полезные ссылки по программе обучения "Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering"
- Сайт программы: https://www.uni-weimar.de/de/bauingenieurwesen/studium/masterstudiengaenge/natural-hazards-and-risks-in-structural-engineering/
- Учебный план / модули: https://www.uni-weimar.de/de/bauingenieurwesen/service/ordnungen-plaene-formulare/msc-natural-hazards-and-risks-in-structural-engineering/
Записаться на поступление на программу обучения
Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering